So this is late but about 3 months ago I got the Barclays Arrival plus and met the spending requirement and took advantage of my rewards which were enough for my family and I to take a weeks vacation free of hotel stays cost. And now that I’ve had the card long enough I thought I’d do a review of the card and its workings.
The quick rundown and recap:
What you get-
1. The big thing 40,000 miles/points, which are redeemable for award travel for at least $400! To get these miles/points you need to spend $3,000.
2. 10% back when you redeem for travel. So that $400 turns into $440 awesome right?
3. 2X miles per dollar you spend on everything! Yeah, everything not just bonus categories or certain times of the month, but everywhere and at anytime.
4. No foreign transaction fees.
5. Free membership to Tripit pro which is $49 a year.
6. Free FICO score every month.
7. The Annual fee of $89 is waived the first year.
Wrap Up! APPLY
So the card essentially gives you $440 in cash redeemable for travel on planes, trains, boats, hotels and etc you name it! How’s it compare to others such as the Chase Sapphire and the Capital One Venture card? Well if you had to just get one of the three I would still choose the Chase Sapphire Preferred because Chase Ultimate rewards are still worth more because they can be used on transfer partners with airlines and hotels to give you more value. And the Capital One Venture card and Barclays Arrival Plus are about the same except for the Venture cards annual fee is only $59 instead of Barclays $89. Though for that $30 difference the Barclays Arrival Plus also gives you 10% back when you redeem so you get an extra $40 so it makes it the better choice in the long run. Either way its always best to think about what will get you to your goals the fastest and best!
What cards do you have?